From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I specify a PFI line to be used for digital I/O output on a 6602?

I tried using Route Signal.VI, but couldn't find a signal source for DIO_x. I'd like to be able to output on DIO_0 and DIO_1. The user manual (6602) states on page 3-26 "It is necessary to specify whether a PFI line is being used for counter I/O or digital I/O only if that line is being used as an output." Any help on how to do this is appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,312 Views)
Hello;

I'm attaching a Labview example VI that shows how to do that.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,312 Views)
Hi Felipe,
I see you have posted a lot about the 6602 card, and thought you might be able to help.
I have a 6602 card, running linux (redhat 8.0), and LV 6.1. I am trying to access the "other" 24 lines of DIO on the card--the ones on the TIO chip. (Accessing the DIO on the STC is easy enough).
I am trying to use DDK to first configure a pin as output, which I think I know how to do, but I don't know how to write a line state as high or low. Can you help?
I couldn't find any example code in the DDK forum that has anything other than counter functionality, ie pulse generation. But I really just want the DIO capability.
thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,312 Views)