From Friday, Oct 18th 11:00 PM CDT (Saturday, Oct 19th 4:00 AM UTC) through Saturday, Oct 19th 4:30 PM CDT (Saturday, Oct 19th 9:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Loader - Jump to Clean Up

Hi,

I am trying to use the property loader to set cetain steps to jump to clean up on fail but I can't seem to get the syntax correct.

What I am using is

TS.FailActTS.FailActTarget
"Goto"

"<Cleanup>"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Shane. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,080 Views)

Hey Shane,

Are you going to change those steps to jump to a different location on fail?   If not then you wouldn't need to set them with the property loader.  Just hard code them to go to cleanup on failure.

One option is to use the Specify by Expression.  Then use a local variable as the expression.  Use the property loader to set the local variable to the destination.  For cleanup use <Cleanup>.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,061 Views)

Hi,

I would in the future like to chage the jump to a different step location - so hence I would like to get this working through the property loader to avoid having to update the test sequence. Using a local variable is an idea but I don't want to have to create a local variable per step.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,043 Views)

The trouble you have is that not properties are visible to the PropertyLoader and the Step.TS properties is one of them.

You would have modify the PropertyLoader code to handle that.

The use of a Local variable means you would have to have a local variable for every step in a sequence.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,008 Views)