PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -88708 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi

Hello:

I have the following message when I run an NI example program: "Error -88708 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi"  (see attachment)

The example program is: "Cont Acq Strain Samples.vi".

For the physical channel before I run the program, I "browsed" and found the board and channel connected to my strain transducer. The same error occurs when even when the transducer is not connected to the channel.

Something changed but I'm not sure what, because this program did work at one time.

The following are details of my system:

WinXP

PXI Chassis with:  NI-PXI 4220 2-ch strain gage card, and NI-PXI 4472 8-ch signal input card

LV 7.1

NI-DAQmx 8.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Yahn

QuadTech

rick.yahn@quadtechworld.com

414-566-7938

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,697 Views)
The attachment here has some more screen dumps on this error. It shows that the hardware board has been properly identified by MAX 4.2, but that the board has failed its self-test. Actually, both of the boards in my PXI chassis have failed their self-test. I doubt that they suddenly just "failed". If there a configuration somewhere that I'm missing?

Rick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,695 Views)
Hi Rick,

I would recommend trying to reinstall the cards into a different PXI slot and see if they still fail the self test.  Make sure you turn off the PXI chassis before doing so. Also, you might try just taking out one of the cards.  If that doesn't fix the problem, I would try reinstalling the device drivers.  When your reinstall, I would recommend installing the latest device drivers from our website.  Click here for a link to our DAQmx 8.6 drivers. 

I hope this helps,
Paul C.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,676 Views)