Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a stepper motor using a parallel port.

I am trying to control a HT23-400 stepper motor through LabView 8.5 using a MCS9835 parallel port and a 3540M motor drive through a 32 bit windows vista . I have a few sample programs that should work or at least send some signals, but it seems that the PCI parallel port is not sending any information to the motor drive.

Can you give me any information about how can i make the whole system work?

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,390 Views)

Hi Gant88,

Do you have an instrument driver installedfor the MCS9835 that allows you to communicate with it using LabVIEW?

As well, are you able to see the board in Measurement and Automation Explorer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,371 Views)

I do have a driver for the MSC9835. I installed it and the computer reads the card and  says that the device is working properly. But what exactly do you mean by Measurement and Automation Explorer?

Thanks for your help.

Guillermo Naranjo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,359 Views)

Hi,

Did the sample examples come with the driver and are meant to be used in LabVIEW?

I also noticed that you created an identical thread here. Please try to keep your issue on one thread to keep things tidy in the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,335 Views)

Hello,

Sorry, when you answered the first time, this new thread was created so i just continued writing here.

The sample programs that i am using, are from labview. They are supposed to run the motor but it seems that the computer is not sending the signal through the PCI card (parallel port). The hex number is sending is 378 which means that ports 4-7 will be 1's so i attached the wires of the motor drive to those pins and it is still not sending any signals. I dont know what the problem is. Thank you very muich for your help.

PS: i attached one of the labview programs i am testing.I hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Guillermo Naranjo

Space Science/ Physics

Florida Institute of Technology

gnaranjo2007@fit.edu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,325 Views)

Hi,

I posted a reply here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6