LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishing of CVI exe

Hi All
 I am using labwindows 8.2 to create an exe. I would like to run this exe located on a remote machine through the internet explorer(I want the exe to be running on the remote machine, but the interface shoul be visible on my machine). I would like to see the front panel on my machine . also i would like to control the user interface from my machine.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,770 Views)
Hi himi,

I assume you are talking about LabWindows/CVI and not LabVIEW even though you mentioned version 8.2 which doesn't exist for CVI. If you are talking about LabVIEW, you should probably post to the LabVIEW forums.

In the case that you are talking about CVI, there's no direct option of running a CVI exe on some remote machine and then viewing the UI back on your host machine. I think your best form of communication between those two machines is through Network Variables. So options I can think of include:

1) If you have Measurement Studio and are familiar with ASP.NET, then you could create an ASP.NET web page that contains UI components which are connected to network variables that are being updated by some CVI application. CVI and Measurement Studio both have support for network variables.

2) You have 2 CVI applications that both use network variables. You build one EXE that does most of the grunt work and deploy that to a remote machine. It might have some basic UI but what its doing is writing data to network variables that are being read by your other "light" CVI application. This "light" CVI application would reside on your host machine and it would be mostly UI in which your UI is being updated by network variables.

Just some thoughts...

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,709 Views)