LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use ELMO motion control device with LABVIEW

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW withvery little controls experience (just now graduated).  I need to use LabVIEW, NI USB 6009( DAQ) and a Harmonica servo drive from Elmo to control a voice coil.  . What I am looking for is some general guidance to get me started; point me in the correct direction so I can get rolling.  I will be using a RS-232 line between the Harmonica and the PC.

I have generated a sine waveform to the NI USB 6009 from LABVIEW. I have to send this signal through the ELMO Harmonica 5/60 N to control a voice coil. I have been reading the Elmo SimpleIQ Software Manual and am  lost Kindly help me out. 

Regards,

Pawan 

The software manual states using Interpreter Language or User Programming Language.  Both of the languages seem to resemble what I remember of C++, sort of.  The document explains "while" and "for" loops, etc.; however, my understanding is that I should be able to use LabVIEW to accomplish such tasks and then just ask LabVIEW to output a command to the Bassoon to control my voice coil.  My best guess is that I use the "System Commands" to output commands to the Bassoon although the software manual also mentions compiling code similar to that of standard programming modes.

Please help me out.

Thanks        
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,138 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,122 Views)