LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics Omnidrivers package

Hi Charly,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried to register the dll's, but the Ocean Optics device manager kept crushing in my Vista ( Microsoft register server stopped responding and it was closed).  I guess that the dll's are not compatible with Vista. I will try tomorrow morning in the lab on the XP, see if I get the same problem.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 79
(5,561 Views)
Hi Charly,

It finally works in XP. Thank you very much for your help.

Best,
 Andrea
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 79
(5,546 Views)
Hi Andrea -

We're having very similar problems (on XP) but registering the DLL doesn't seem to fix things.  Did you have to do anything different?

Thanks, Greg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 79
(5,478 Views)

Greg,

Make sure you register the right dll that is actually called in your 'call library function nodes'.

I enclose the bat file

Charly

It's always sunny in California! Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 79
(5,471 Views)
Thanks Charly, I think I've got it sorted now.

Cheers ~ Greg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 79
(5,444 Views)
Hi all,

we had the same problem with a USB4000-Spectrometer. We had a failure in an external code called by LabView. Micropack, the german distributor for OceanOptics Spectrometers, told us there is a new version available in about 2 weeks, but we could fix the problem without the new driver by installing the latest version of Java Runtime, as the driver is written in Java. Hope this helps,

Greetings

Christian

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 79
(5,362 Views)

Hi Christian,

Can you be more specific about the external library? Are you talking about the OmniDriverSPAM32.dll from OO written in java?

I remember I tried to install the latest java run time machine on my windows XP pc but it DID NOT fix the problem. Only the registration worked.

What's new in the next version? less bugs? easier to use? a decent documentation?Smiley Wink 

Thanks for letting us know

Charly

It's always sunny in California! Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 79
(5,349 Views)
Hi Charly,

I don't know anything about the new version...just got the information, that it will be available.
To fix the problem, we installed a new Java runtime AND registered the DLL (OmniDriverSPAM32.dll, written in Java).

What could be also important is the batch file, but we don't really know...there's a "C:" followed by a "cd %OmniHome% or something like that...that means the dll that will be registered is located in the home-path of the omni-driver (c:\programme...). If the dll used by labview is located in another directory, this can perhaps lead to problems...

We finally got it working in our lab, but it was a try-and-error-game...this was the method we used and that finally worked...

Greetings,

Christian

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 79
(5,329 Views)

Hi Christian,

I still have problems with the USB-4000 spectrometer and LV 8.5. I use the latest version of java and the driver package from Micropack but I can not register the dll with the bat file. It will be nice if you send me an email and we can have a short telephone conversation. (mgrund@ifam.fraunhofer.de)

Thank you,

Malte

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 79
(4,434 Views)

Hi Charly,

I'm starting to work now with OmniDriver, but I have no compreensive samples or documentation to work with.

As I can see, you are expert in this area, so I would like to ask you a favor: would you please provide me any code sample (for c# preferencially) or any documentation explaining how can I use OmniDriverSPAM in my application?

Thank you very much

Dasha

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 79
(4,159 Views)