LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten to/Unflatten from XML on ARM

Using LV 9 with the ARM module on an EK-LM3S8962.

I want to use XML on the embedded target. The data to be converted is a group of arrays in a cluster. The cluster is a type def in the embedded project. The Flatten to/Unflatten from XML VIs from the ARM pallet are used to convert the cluster to XML and back. This works OK on a Windows deployment but the application build for the ARM deployment fails with this message:

linking...
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol FXPLoad32 (referred from ccgxmlsupport.o).
Target not created 

I suspect this has something to do with the schema. Does a copy of the schema (LVXMLSchema.xsd) need to be included in the build specifications? If so, how does one add this to the project?

Thanx

JohnCS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,421 Views)

Hi John,

I have been able to reproduce the issue and am currently looking into it. Thanks for your post. I will let you know what I find.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,390 Views)

Hi John,

This appears to be a bug, however there is a way to get around it. Just add some code that uses fixed point math. So for example, add two fixed point constants together when initializing your program.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,354 Views)

Will,

Is a CAR filed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,341 Views)

Added a fixed point calculation as suggested and now the VI builds and runs OK. 

So far  so good, but the String to XML primitive does not generate the correct XML string. In my cluster containing two arrays of strings, none of the control labels have been encoded and the array dimensions are encoded as zero. As a consequence, the XML string will not be decoded back to the cluster correctly. In the Windows environment, the same control encodes the labels and dimension sizes.

Is there something wrong  with my type def'ed control or with the Flatten to XML primitive as well?

Here's a copy of my project including the build specification but without the built file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,331 Views)

muks,

Yes, Will submitted this issue to R&D (CAR #201133) for further investigation.

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,313 Views)

Kevin,

Thanks for mentioning the car number.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,288 Views)
We've also reproduced those issues and will provide more details on what we find as soon as  we have them.
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,234 Views)

Hey all,

This issue has resulted in three more CARs:

201996 - Flatten to XML does not include names

201998 - Flatten to XML does not retain dimension information

202001 - Unflatten from XML does not return string items from within a cluster

There are no current workarounds for these issues, but we are working on it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,181 Views)