LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr. Damien's Development - Improve Load Time with Inlining

@Wiebe: the right-click menu to inline a SubVI is already there, you just have to enable it. Add the following line to the LabVIEW.ini file:

inlineSubVIEnabled=TRUE

Daniel

Message 11 of 18
(3,306 Views)

"dan_u" <x@no.email> wrote in message
news:1229359210538-824142@exchange.ni.com...
> @Wiebe: the right-click menu to inline a
> SubVI is already there, you just have to enable it. Add the following
> line to the LabVIEW.ini file:inlineSubVIEnabled=TRUE&nbsp;Daniel&nbsp;

Yes, I knew. But this isn't public, is it?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,294 Views)

Damien,

I have been using this application with a lot of sucess, and am currently looking into using it in a more automated fashon. I don't know if you are familiar with the microprocessor SDK product, but you generate C code in the same process you would use to build a *.exe.

In order to improve efficiency and minimize memory allocation, I would like to programatically inline my VIs (and save to a different spot) every time I generate C code. I have a really simple VI which does this using your application, but for some reason when I insert my VI (with your VI) inside the plugin VI which generates the C code, I get an error:

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Invalid Class Operator VI.

Method Name: Class Operator:Set

Do you have any suggestions? Should this work in the context of a plug-in VI? Its hard to diagnose since I do not have access to your VI.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,883 Views)
The TraverseGetObjectReference.vi within Damien's LLB needs to sit right next to the InlineSubVIs.vi in order for the tool to work properly.  So if you are moving VIs around, you need to make sure that these two VIs are still next to each other.
Message 14 of 18
(2,881 Views)
That was it. Thanks for the fast response ... happy ending to a Friday.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,876 Views)

I notice that the inliner automatically places a sequence structure around the inlined subVI, is there a way to modify this? I know that if I manually inline the subVI this option is exposed.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,800 Views)
This is exposed in the scripting code, as well, but if you do not have the sequence structure, the execution order of the inlined code may change.  Using it is the safe option.  Since scripting has now been released for "general use", attached is the unlocked code so you can modify as you wish.  It has a fair number of very undocumented nodes, so approach with care.  It is in LabVIEW 9.0.
Message 17 of 18
(2,783 Views)
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,760 Views)