LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.6 not responding at Initializing Plug-ins during loading

I have just started having a problem with loading LabVIEW 8.6.  It stalls at "Initializing plug-ins"  and stops loading.  I have already tried the 'Repair' feature in "\Control Panel\Programs and Features" and I still get the same problem.  This morning I allowed a Vista update to run.  Not sure if this could be the problem.  I plan to completely reinstall tomorrow but wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks

Trevor Pugh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,480 Views)

Hi Trevor,

What exactly are you seeing when the system stops loading? Does it stop loading and throw an error, does it throw and error the next time you load windows? However this may be a problem with security settings with your firewall that may have been changed. After you reinstall, if you are still having this problem, then we can go over how to check your firewall settings to let the NI services to operate.

Regards,

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,454 Views)

Hi,

i had the same issue, two times. The first time NI recommended to uninstall and reinstall the whole Package. Didn't work for me so i had to reinstall the full OS. Now "exact" 30 day later the same thing happened to me. 

I installed "everything" even parts i don't have the license for (30 day trial). So if you try to start your LabVIEW and have some parts isntalled but not activated, this will prevent LabVIEW to startup.

-> I fixed it easily with uninstalling all parts i dont have the lisence for.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,425 Views)