LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a SVAT ip100 ip camera on LabView

Hi there everyone, first i would like to thank in advantage any help you people can provide me in this matter. Since i an a very amateur LabView user, didnt have any idea on which cameras are supported for labview use, so i bough a SVAT IP100 camera, that basically its a USB camera that brings a USB to Ethernet adaptor so in that way you can give an IP to the camera.
Along with the camera came a very basic software that gives you access to the camera using ActiveX or Sun Java, but it works through a web page basically.

I would like to know if anyone have any idea (a VI would be like a miracle to my prairs) of what should i need to do to access the video in Labview?

I-ve tried all the UDP and TCP/IP options along with Labview 8.2, but i've heard that since its an ethernet protocol, i need to extract from the coomunciation only the video information that are together with some acknowlegdes and other stuff along with ethernet protocol, and at this moment i have no idea of how to do that.

Again thanks for the help i can get in this matter, hope to hear soon from you guys.
Regards,
R. Alves
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,514 Views)
Hi R. Alves,

LabVIEW doesn't have a driver to IP cameras, since this is not a standard for all cameras. The easy way for programming your camera with LabVIEW would be call the camera driver. You said that this camera has an ActiveX driver. Do you have the ActiveX documentation? You may have access to this documentation contacting tech support of your camera vendor.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Best Regards,
Alisson Kokot
NI BRAZIL
Message 2 of 2
(4,419 Views)