LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water effect

In labview .how can i simulate the water flow in the pipeline. The speed of the water must be controled in the progrem.

I tried to costimized the numeric control but found  the effect didn`t reach my anticipation. what can i do?

thanks for your help

Message 1 of 16
(4,506 Views)

Hi aaa,

Do you have a model of the water flow (ie: pipe size, pressure & other parameters) that you want to simulate?

If so, then you can start building that model and create some controls so that you can "externally" modify the parameters while the model is running.  So start with the model. 

Can you describe what you tried to do when customizing the numeric controls?  >> "I tried to costimized the numeric control but found  the effect didn`t reach my anticipation. what can i do?  <<

Also, can you describe the end goal, it may help to better understand what you want to achieve.

Regards,

JLV

Message 2 of 16
(4,495 Views)

The easiest way to do this is shown in the attached VI (7.0).

The trick can be understood when the cluster is enlarged - a customized slide was used where the image of the slider was replaced with the image of the flowing water (created very quickly in Word). Moving the image repeatedly creates the appearance of continuous flow. The credit for this trick, as far as I'm concerned, goes to JPD.

This can also be done using the picture control or maybe an intensity graph, but that would probably be more complicated.

Very nice tst, and very nice trick indeed 🙂

Was this what aaa was looking for? 

Message 4 of 16
(4,466 Views)
This was my effort a few years ago in rev 6.1, it was based on the idea of changing graphic images.

I took it further and decomposed the graphics into smaller elements and transparent sections, this became more flexible. It's archived (lost) on a disk somewhere at the very bottom of a large pile now. I like the sound of the post that tst placed, I will give it a look later when I switch versions.

Message 5 of 16
(4,443 Views)
Here's a slightly cooler version (in 6.1) which should show all those claiming that LV can't do SCADA graphics that that's not true. Granted, it's not a very good way, but it can be done. On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing some easily customizable animated controls shipping with LV. Maybe XControls can be used for that?

I really appreciate your help

this is indeed the effect i was looking for!

I do not know how to express my feeling !(my english is not very well )

thank you
Message 7 of 16
(4,404 Views)
"I do not know how to express my feeling!'

That's pretty simple.
For starters, you can give them all '5 stars' for their top answers! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 16
(4,393 Views)

Good suggestion dev!

😄

-- forgot my signature smiley --

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-21-2006 09:29 AM

Message 9 of 16
(4,370 Views)
There are two other ways of doing animation you may want to check out, as well.
  1. Use an animated bitmap (e.g. GIF, PNG, MNG).  This will run the same animation each time with no real control, but you can show and hide it by getting a reference to it.
  2. Use a pict ring control and cycle programmatically through the images.  This is my favorite method because you have complete control.  It is especially good for generating animations of pseudo-random events.  I got a nice electrical discharge effect by cycling randomly through only four images.  The trick was to make sure that the next image is never the same as the previous.
Message 10 of 16
(4,362 Views)