From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLACULATOR BOTTON INTERFACE

I want to use a front panel with number bottons looking like the windows calculator.

I have made this front panel with the bottons, but it doesn't work right.Instead of the numbers to add from left to right,every new number that I press erases the last one so I am left only with a single digit number.

I am sure this is a common feature in many VI's.

Does anybody have an example how to do this ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,975 Views)
Hi tzviel,

If you're using a numeric indicator rather than a string, the trick is to shift the value displayed (x10) and add the value of the button pressed.

I hope the attached VI is useful.

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,962 Views)
I would recommend starting with the Formula Express VI. There are also other examples that use a calculator interface.

Hope that this helps,
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,953 Views)
Thank you for replaying.

SandmanUK, do you have this example in LV 7.0?

Tzviel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,928 Views)
Hi tzviel,

Here you go:

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,922 Views)
It works pefectly !

I just need to use a decimal point also -I think I can make it by myself.

Tzviel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,913 Views)