LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet communications over writing RIO on boot up

I have CRio 9068 that writes all setpoints to a text file on board while the program is running. My HMI is Vartech touch screen computer running windows 7 embeded. When power is cycled to the system and it reboots both the controller and HMI I loose my setpoints that were in the text files as they are getting over written from the touchscreen. We are using network streams over ethernet for the communications between devices. Is there any sample codes that I can look at to better understand how to prevent this from happing? I have thought about using a first call wired to time delay off timer then allowing the string to write the new variables but I don't think this is the best solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,312 Views)

You'll want to Fetch the current values from your cRIO and store them on your HMI. You can see this pattern by creating the LabVIEW Real-Time Control on CompactRIO sample project, opening RT Main.vi on the cRIO and look at the case "Send Control Configuration to UI". Basically the messaging scheme you're talking about should be bydirectional. When your HMI connects to the cRIO it requests an update BEFORE it sends anything out, and waits for the cRIO to respond. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,295 Views)