VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veristand LIN custom device

I am trying to evaluate the VeriStand with the Gopel LIN Custom Device.

When I add a LIN device to the configuration and I want to deploy the configuration to a RT target, I have a first message which specifies that the Gopel LIN Custom Device is not available (N/A) (Software Update window). When I click on the Update button, the system returns a FTP error :

The host encountered an unexpected error while deploying the configuration to the target.

Error 15553 occurred at FTP Transaction:
553 Invalid Path

I have tried with Pickering Custom Devices with success.

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(11,732 Views)

Hi Hubert,

I believe the issue you are seeing relates to the XML file that goes along with the Gopal LIN custom device. On XP, the XML File is located here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Custom Devices\Custom Device LIN NI.xml . The issue is that the line which defines where the RT llb is placed is incorrect. The line

<RealTimeSystemDestination>C:\ni-rt\VeriStand\dynamic\LIN\LIN Engine.llb\rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi</RealTimeSystemDestination>

should be

<RealTimeSystemDestination>c:\ni-rt\VeriStand\Custom Devices\LIN\LIN Engine.llb\rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi</RealTimeSystemDestination>.

1. Delete current LIN custom device from your configuration

2. Change line and save XML file

3. Restart NI VeriStand (It parses these XML files when it loads, so this is a neccessary step in order to load the new XML file)

4.Add Custom Device, and try deploying configuration file again.

We will file a CAR to resolve this issue for the future. If this does not fix the issue, please post back with the XML file for the LIN custom device, as another one of the paths may be trying to point to a location where files are no longer located on your hard drive.

Message Edited by David L. on 09-25-2009 01:09 AM
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(11,716 Views)

HI David,

I had seen this difference but it doesn't solve the problem.

After some test, I have seen that, after a reboot with the configuration file including the LIN device, the log file on the RT system contains an error message :

System error encountered.
:::Details:::
Error code: 7
Error Message: LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI VeriStand: 
Custom Driver: Custom Devices\National Instruments\LIN\LIN Engine.llb\rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi failed to load.

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(11,709 Views)

I have forgotten to join the xml file.

I have seen a pth to a vi that I am not able to find : System UI VIs\Custom Device\Custom Device Main Page Obsolete Devices.vi

I have too tried to install the dlls requested by rt_Gopel LIN Engine in the expected directories on the host (ni_emb.dll that I copied from the Pickering custom device directory and P3072RT.dll from the Gopel driver).

Remark : on the target, the P3072RT.dll and cvi_lvrt.dll are in the ni-rt/system directory.

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(11,708 Views)

Hi hubert,

Could you give me more information about the target do you used, i will try to reproduce the issue you're seeing.

Could you give me the software version do you used ?

Have you installed the cvi_lvrt.dll from the LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine (6.0 or later) or you have copy the cvi_lvrt.dll from the VeriStand\Custom Devices\National Instruments\LIN\data directory ?

Could you try to do the copy if you have not realize this manipulation.

Thanks,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(11,641 Views)

HI Christophe,

My target is a PXI-8196 controler (with dual-boot).

I have installed evaluation version of VeriStand 2009 and LabVIEW 2009 (actually we are using LabVIEW 8.6.1 on our systems).

I have updated the software on the target (using MAX) and I have copied the cvi_lvrt.dll from the VeriStand directories.

I have joined too the support report of the target from MAX.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(11,638 Views)

Hi Hubert,

I have reproduce your issue for deploying a LIN Custom device, with the same error :

Error code: 7
Error Message: LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI VeriStand: 
Custom Driver: Custom Devices\National Instruments\LIN\LIN Engine.llb\rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi failed to load.

It's appear the LIN Engine.LLB is empty, no VI into this one. I will escalate the problem and let you know if i found a workaround.

Best regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(11,618 Views)

Hi Christophe,

I am able to open the LIN Engine.llb with LabVIEW, to see the VIs and to open the rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi .

This VI requests to dll : ni_emb.dll and P3072RT.dll.

The first dll was missing and I copied it from the Pickering custom device directory.

The second one comes with the Gopel driver. I have installed it on the target (in ni-rt/system directory) and on the host in the expected directory (user.lib). But this doesn't solve the problem.

Regards

Hubert R.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(11,609 Views)

Hello Hubert,

I have search a correct LLB on different computer and found one with all VI Smiley Happy

After this, I've open the VI that veristand failed to load : LIN Engine.llb\rt_Gopel LIN Engine.vi, and save se VI with the path for the DLLs.

LabVIEW request two dll : ni_emb.dll and P3072RT.dll, the first was selected from ...\Custom Devices\National Instruments\Pickering 40-295\Pickering Engine\data, and the second was copied from the gopel to this directory : ...\Custom Devices\National Instruments\LIN\data.

This two DLL are copied on the RT targer in c:\ni-rt/startup/data

After do that i can open and run a workspace without error.

Let me know if you have always the problem.

Best regards,

EDIT: attachment removed

Message Edited by Support on 12-01-2009 04:37 PM

Christophe S.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(11,561 Views)

Hello Christophe,

Perhaps we could switch on a french forum. It will be easier ...

On the host, I had done the same operation than you, except that I had copied the requesting dll in the expected path.

I have tried to update the path in the vi, using the LIN\data directory.

I have copied too the 2 Dlls on the RT targer in c:\ni-rt/startup/data (the P3072RT.dll was already copied in ni-rt\system).

I still have the same error ...

Could you send me a copy of the LIN Engine.llb to be sure that we have the same version ?

Regards,

Hubert R.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(11,527 Views)