From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niveristand-python: Use a ChannelReference as parameter

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project using NI VeriStand 2021 R2, doing some RT measurements using niveristand-python.

The task is to measure the on-duration of several analog input channels of a PXI system.

To make my code reusable I am searching for a way to set the input channel as a parameter of the function that is calculating the on-duration.

As far as I understand, I would need to set a ChannelReference as a parameter...By now I was not sucessfull.

Does anyone have some suggestions for this?

Thank you!

PS: attached is some example python code that is working but using a fixed channel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,001 Views)

If you want to reuse the python script on different VeriStand projects, you should configure all those VeriStand projects to have the same channels name.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(978 Views)

Well, ok...

But how can I handle different channels in the same VeriStand project without hard-coding them into the python module?

Any ideas?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(973 Views)

You can use the user channels. Hard code the user channel name in the python script, then change the mapping in VeriStand project as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(968 Views)

Thank you @ZYOng for your reply.

I know I can also go with the user channels. But hard coding is not the solution I am looking for.

However, it seems there is no other way for handling this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(929 Views)