cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand with LabVIEW with CompacrRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have to work with Veristand, and I will import a labVIEW model, and I use a CompactRIO 9039. At the beginning I have LabVIEW 64 bits 2021 I can export models to Veristand (2021) but the CompactRIO wasn't compatible with labview 64 bits. So I change the version of LabVIEW 64 bits to 32 bits. But now I can't export model from LabVIEW to Veristand. And I saw on the website of NI, that Veristand 2021 works only with LabVIEW 64bits... So I'm a little stuck, maybe should I put an older version that Veristand is compatible with labview 32 bits? 

Thank you for your help, have a nice day 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,401 Views)

Hey,

should be doable. The cRIO-9039 is running NI Linux RT (see https://www.ni.com/cs-cz/support/documentation/compatibility/17/real-time-controllers-and-real-time-...). So if you are able to run on it NIVS 2021 engine (which is x64) and you have installed additional software to enable LabVIEW models you should be able to execute your *.lvmodelso model.

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 4
(1,389 Views)

Hello thank you for your answer. I think yes my compactRIO is running in linux real-time. I installed all software for labview and veristand. But I don't understand what is "NIVS 2021 engine (which is x64)". 

When I want to creat a LabVIEW projet I don't find the compactRIO. When I was in 32 bits, the compactRIO appeared, but now I have nothing (picture) . 

Grusta07_0-1654074582691.png

Grusta07_1-1654074634895.png

Before I had :

Grusta07_2-1654074743253.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,384 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Grusta07

VeriStand 2021 is only supported on 64-bit platform. To build Custom Device or Model for VeriStand, use LabVIEW 2021 SP1 64-bit using PXI Linux RT target.

To connect to cRIO target from LabVIEW and to develop FPGA .lvbitx file, use LabVIEW 32-bit.

You need both 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW if you want to do LabVIEW and VeriStand development simultaneously. You can install both bitnesses of LabVIEW on the same PC.

Senior Technical Support Engineer | CLD CTA | NI

DISCLAIMER: The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Message 4 of 4
(1,377 Views)