From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand alone

Hello,

I need to use Veristand with a compactRIO 9039. Can I directely control the outputs with the inputs without using Labview?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,248 Views)

So after un moment, I wanted to ask, need I a model to use Veristand. I need to control temperature, so I will have 2 input the value og the thermocouple and and the temperature that I want and  1 output the power to heat. Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,229 Views)

With a cRIO, the most common and simplest method of integrating HW I/O into VeriStand is with the Scan Engine and EtherCAT Custom Device. This allows users to integrate I/O via the Scan Engine. Depending on your C-series modules, you may already be able to use that custom device to acquire temperature data from thermocouples, and output power. For faster rates, you could use LabVIEW FPGA to develop a bitfile and integrate through the SEEC CD or the FPGA Add-On, but that requires some LabVIEW development.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
Message 3 of 5
(1,212 Views)

Thank you for your answer!

My boss told me that I don't need to use labview so I will listen him and you.

So when I'm in Veristand, I have to scann to find my cRIO and its C-series modules and after I can use its directly in the program if I understand? ( my cRIO (9039) is connected to the host PC by ethernet). 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,196 Views)

While it is possible to use VeriStand without any programming, most projects tend to involve some form of extensibility with custom devices and automation. For a brief intro on getting started with VeriStand and the Scan Engine EtherCAT Custom Device, please refer to this document: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YGCBCA4&l=en-US

Beyond that, NI offers a training course that covers the fundamental of VeriStand https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/services/education-services/customer-education-courses/hil-fundamental....

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
Message 5 of 5
(1,148 Views)