VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand 2020 R4 Matlab 2018b build error binfo.mat: permission denied.

I wanted to build a simulink model for a linux rt (PXIe 8840) with Matlab 2018b. I installed Matlab 2018b, compiler MinGW64 6.3 and VeriStand 2020 R4 with the model framework.

Model configurtation: Configuration.jpg

But if I try to build the model I get the error:

### Build procedure for model: 'Test_Linux' aborted due to an error.

Unable to write file E:****\Test_Linux\tmwinternal\binfo.mat: permission denied.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,332 Views)

I was just building a model in VeriStand 2019 and Simulink 2019b, and found that if my model was too deep in the windows directory structure it will not build.  Try moving close to the root.  Don't know if that is your problem but thought I would put it out there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,309 Views)

Thanks, but that did not help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,290 Views)

### Build procedure for model: 'Test_Linux' aborted due to an error. Unable to write file E:****\Test_Linux\tmwinternal\binfo.mat: permission denied.

The error states that write permission is denied, so possibly an admin rights issue, are you logged in as admin and are you running matlab and your compiler as admin?

Any reason for using matlab? If you're proficient in LabView you might have an easier time creating your models that way instead.  I say might, WILL have an easier time  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,285 Views)

I have admin rights. If i build the modell in Matlab 2015a for linux, it works.

And there is no binfo.mat file in the directory.

I use Matlab because I asked NI what model would run faster, and they say that Matlab models run faster. And it would be to much work to recreate it inb LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,274 Views)