From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand 2013 Embedded Data Logger with cRIO 9024

I am using VeriStand 2013 with the Embedded Data Logger on a cRIO 9024.  I have noticed that when I first deploy after a complete power cycle, the embedded logger works great - responding immediately to a change in the Log Trigger value.  However,  If I undeploy and then redeploy the project, the embedded data logger appear to casue issues in the communication between the target and the host.  The first symptom of this is that the indicators on the workspace appear to begin to lag significantly.  The also affect the response of the boolean control that I have for the log trigger which now will not actually turn off when pushed but will rather only respond many seconds or minutes later.  When this happens, the log files are also much longer than the intended period.

This problem only gets worse with further undeploy and reploys.  However, when I power cycle the cRIO, the net time i open the workspace everything is working great again with no delays. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,413 Views)

Hello Aaron_Smith,

Are you writing to a single file each time? If so then the issue could arise from the file size and the file needing to be loaded into memory each time your redeploy. Try to run the system so that it writes to different files. Also, what is the status of the memory and CPU usage of the device while the application is deployed? Please verify that you are not maxing out the processor or memory as this causes network issues that could result in behavior of this type. Also, would it be possible for you to post a simple example that exhibits the same issue? Please include all files that are necessary to run the system definition.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,344 Views)