From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering multiple, synchronized logging sessions from LabVIEW

Hello,

Using Veristrand 2020 R6, LabVIEW 2020, we are building a VI to log data from Veristand to TDMS on the Host PC. The user can organize the data to be saved in groups and select a different logging rate for each channel group. This means starting separate logging sessions for each logging rate.

The question I have is about triggering all these sessions to start simultaneously, so the data is synchronized (to within 1 period) in the file.

At the moment, we are using a digital edge trigger on a dedicated User Channel to start the sessions. This works pretty well but I'm not 100% happy with the fact that this user channel has to be created (with the correct path) on each application to be able to use this logging VI. Also, I'm a little concerned about using the same trigger channel to start several logfiles (in parallel).

Any tips or tricks are welcome.

PJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(849 Views)

Heya,

So as I understood you are trying to create a trigger in LabVIEW to trigger multiple channels in VeriStand: have you seen this KB: Easily Synchronize and Trigger NI-DAQmx with Channel Expansion

If this is not useful, please elaborate on the requirement.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(802 Views)