From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview code to veristand model

Hi

Im converting a lab view code to veristand model, To be specific, its a UDP receiver which checks the port and gives data.

Im fairly new to this, so i have the following doubts

-In the receive UDP code, i have Init UDP, read and close, so when i build a model, every time the int and close will be called?

I need a model in veristand which will receive UDP data, which means i will be sending UDP data from another application like lab view or python.

I have attached the code to be made model

can some one give a thread to start developing?

Another approach would be, does veristand has inbuilt udp communication frame? if yes how can we configure that? 

I could see a github project on custom engine, but i dono if im allowed to use it

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(649 Views)

-In the receive UDP code, i have Init UDP, read and close, so when i build a model, every time the int and close will be called?

Yes. That's why you should not use a model for UDP communication.

Another approach would be, does veristand has inbuilt udp communication frame? if yes how can we configure that? 

I could see a github project on custom engine, but i dono if im allowed to use it

VeriStand does not have a built-in UDP feature but allows custom plug-in via custom device. You should use the UDP-Data-Link Custom Device.  All custom devices on the VeriStand Addons github page are open source and free to use. However they are not officially maintained and supported by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(623 Views)