VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to start the VeriStand 2011 SP1 Gateway programatically using LabVIEW 2011?

Hi there,

i try to fully control my VeriStand testing with LabVIEW.

I am able to deploy, undeploy, start and stop a VeriStand Project and even managed to start/stop Stimulus Profiles.

One thing that annoys me a bit is, that i did not find a possibility to start the NI VeriStand Gateway Server without double clicking the NI VeriStand Icon on my Desktop.

So for me the NI VeriStand Getting Started Window must be in the background everytime i want to start, stop, deploy or undeploy a NI VeriStand Projekt.

My question is: Is there a possibility to silently start a VeriStand Gateway directly from LabVIEW?

Remark: I tried the Silent gateway lunch.zip from this post: Open different Workspace files with VeriStand API but it did not work for me (NI VeriStand 2011 SP1).

Thank you very much for your efforts.

5pHiNxX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(8,633 Views)

Yes,

I have attached a picture of the code.  This will launch VeriStand gateway server programmatically, but not silently.  I think there is something simular in one of the demo projects that ships with Veristand.  The heart of this is the system exe.vi found in Conductivity->Libraries and Executibles.  Hope this helps

vs loader.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(8,624 Views)

Here's a piece of C# code to lauch silently the gateway

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(8,561 Views)

Very nice. Thank you

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(8,554 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to use the C# code in the attachment above, with LabView2011, NIVS2011SP1 on Windows7 and MSVC2010.

I've created the dll and LabView project following the instructions.

I've modified the code removing the static property to the VSLauncher class, otherwise the LabView .NET Constructor node couldn't see that class.

I don't know why the run of the file OpenVSServervi.vi in the attachments stops during the function LaunchGateway().

Thanks for any help.

GC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(8,405 Views)

Ok, now the LaunchGateway() return true, I tried to re-compile from another host.

But remains the problem in the Labview Open Project node, it seems the NIVS server doesn't start.

In the attachment the new situation.

Thanks.

GC

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(8,397 Views)

Hey GC.

There are a couple of edits to the posted C# that I had to make to get it to work on my system.

You want the current directory to be just "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\National Instruments\\VeriStand 2011" when you run Start Gateway. The code right now has it set to ""C:\\Program Files (x86)\\National Instruments\\VeriStand 2011\\Data"

After that you just need to make sure you have a dely (I use 15 seconds) between the call to the DLL and trying to do anything with the gateway.  You can also try to repeatidly connect to the system and when that stops failing you know the gateway is up.

I attached what I did to modify the code.

Kevin

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(8,310 Views)

I use VeriStand 2012 without Labview, and i can not find the NationalInstruments.VeriStand.WindowsRegistry namespace.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(7,779 Views)

Hi Nico,

This item was moved into the internal assembly NationalInstruments.VeriStand.Internal.dll. You can get the installation path using the following property: NationalInstruments.VeriStand.Internal.DirectoryUtilities.InstallationDirectory

Please note that items in NationalInstruments.VeriStand.Internal.dll are unsupported and subject to change without guarantee of compatibility.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(7,766 Views)

Is it possible to launch Veristand with "Call Librairy Function Node"?

I try this with LV2013, but it don't seems to work :

StartVS.png

Has anyone already do this?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,827 Views)