VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Custom Device with the Veristand API ?

Hello Everyone !

I'm trying to add with the Veristand API my custom Device. I use GUID and name for adding my custom but all that I have is the main page in Veristand.

I search on the community but it seems that nobody has a solution ... Using the Veristand windows is the only way to add a Custom Device currently ?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,157 Views)

Hello,

I've never done that but there is something in the API:

public bool AddCustomDevice(NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.CustomDevice customDevice)
    Membre de NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.CustomDevices

Résumé :
Adds the specified NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.CustomDevice to the system definition.

Paramètres :
customDevice: The custom device to add.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,147 Views)

Hi thumble

I know, I've tried to had my custom device with this method but it still doesn't appear in my Veristand project ...

custom.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,142 Views)

Re,

If its your whole code, I think there is missing a kind of save of the nivssdf.

++

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,138 Views)

Yes you were right, but even if I had the save .nivssdf, this code still doesn't work for me ...

I've found an other block whitch could do the work, but I have no idea how to configure it

If someone could show me an exemple, I will really appreciate.

custom.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,135 Views)

Re,

I can't help you anymore. But you could try to add it manually, look into the nivssdf xml, then do the same with your program and compare the xml.

good luck,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,129 Views)

Hello,

When I had to create the SDF programatically in LabVIEW, I used this API:

VeriStand Simple System Definition API

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,101 Views)

Hello Guillherme,

Yes I discover the Veristand Simple System Definition API a couple a day. That's very usefull

But I get trouble with itegration of Custom Device. How do you do to choose your custom that you want to integrate ? Could show me an example ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(6,098 Views)

Hello,

The folowing code (also attached in this post) uses .NET calls to navigate the SDF file up to the Custom Device section. Once it gets to this section, I used the Custom Device method to add a certain custom device (you need to know the name and GUID) to the SDF and save it.

custom device.png

I am using LabVIEW and VeriStand 2015.

This should solve your problem.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Good luck.

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,069 Views)

Hello Guolherme and thanks for your reply,

I currently use the same method as you. It almost works but my custom is not fully integreated to the project ... As you can see on the following pictures, I just get the principal file of my custom. I used Easy Custom Device Toolkit to create my custom, don't know if it changes anything ...

For the GIUD, I use the Main Page GUID name

custom1.png

custom2.png

custom3.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(6,051 Views)