VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Load conview.dll on RT target

When deploying my VeriStand system definition to my RT Target, the first attempt fails with the error, "LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library conview.dll on RT target device". If I try deploying a second time, it completes successfully.  What is the conview.dll associated with and how can I avoid this behavior?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,674 Views)

First of all, I am not sure why this DLL would fail to load properly. This is not behavior we have seen before.

This DLL implements the functionality of the Console Viewer, which allows you to see the console output of your RT target from your host computer. This is nice if you don't have a monitor hooked up to your RT target, or if your RT target is in some remote location away from your desk.

For now, you can uninstall the Console Viewer support without adversely affecting the VeriStand Engine running on the RT target. To do this, go to Measurement and Automation Explorer and select the Add/Remove Software option for your RT target. Under the main NI VeriStand section header, you'll see the Console Viewer utility. Select to uninstall this if you like.

Did this behavior start recently? Has it always been this way? Has there been any change in your RT target? For instance, did you install or uninstall some other component recently?

Does this happen on any other RT targets you work with? Do you know if it is it specific to this machine?

conview.PNG

Message Edited by Jarrod S. on 09-02-2009 09:41 AM
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(7,671 Views)