From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Graph Custom Device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I tried to create a custom device allowing data display in 3D graphs. I created my custom device from XY graph Add-on found on NI Website in order to have the right template. But loading it in my workspace, error 1003 occured (see error.jpg).

Can somebody explain me how to resolve this ? 

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,820 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CyGa

Hi,

I assume that you have only copied the display template itself (Graph - 3D Graph.vi) into the display template folder?

If so, the problem might be related to missing dependencies of your display template. I suggest that you create a source distribution of your display template and to try it again.

We have a nice tutorial on how to create custom workspace objects for NI VeriStand:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9989

You might also want to check out this custom display template, which has similarities to yours in terms of dependencies:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5705

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Tom

Message 2 of 4
(7,815 Views)

ThSa,

Indeed I missed the "distribution" step. So when importing the custom worspce object to the front panel, Veristand asked me for all dependencies. When all files were linked all together, the error occured...

I will try then making the distribution to see if the behavior is different .

I'll let you know,

Thanks .

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,812 Views)

Building an LLB containing all VIs called by the 3D graph (usually placed in vi.lib folder in LV) solved the problem ! It perfectly works ! Thanks !

Nevertheless, I noticed that my first 3D graph load (which resulted in an error popup)  resulted in Veristand trying to load it every time I was calling the workspace screen (the workspace was not saved when error appeared)... maybe a small bug of Veristand...

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,806 Views)