From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to initialize NI-VXI driver

When I tried to run "Resman", I got "Unable to initialize NI-VXI driver, unable to initialize kernal device drivers" error. My driver is NI-VXI/NI-VISA for PCI-MXI-2 and windows 2000/NT/9x (ver 2.1.1), the board is PCI-MXI-2 card. I connected the MXI cable between the PCI-MXI-2 card and VME-MXI-2 card (slot 0) in my VME chasis and power it on before ran it. My os is "Windows 98". If anyone has any suggestion, I highly appreciate.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,176 Views)
The error you are seeing indicates that the NI-VXI driver has not been started by your system. This could be because your system is not recognizing the PCI-MXI-2 card.

Did you install the software (NI-VXI driver) and then the hardware (PCI-MXI-2) or the hardware and then the software? If you installed the hardware in the machine before the software, then Windows 98 probably assigned an incorrect driver to the PCI-MXI-2 card. In your Device Manager, is there an entry for "VXI Devices" where the PCI-MXI-2 is listed?

If not, then you should shut down the computer and remove the PCI-MXI-2, reboot without the hardware in, shutdown the computer and reinstall the PCI-MXI-2 card.

If there is a listing for PCI-MXI-2 in the device manager, make sure your c
able is connected properly. The end of the MXI-2 cable with the white label should be connected to the PCI-MXI-2.

Also, there is a newer version of the NI-VXI driver. NI-VXI version 3.2 is available on our drivers download page.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,176 Views)

I am using VXI with LabWindowsCVI6.0 application.

I have PCI-MXI2 card in my PC and VXI-MXI2 in slot0 of VXI chassis.

NI DAQ version 6.6  was installed

Now i have one anthore PC in which i have installed LabView8.6  and DAQmx9.0 first then after i have installed CVI6.0.

I tried to install NI DAQ6.6 but i couldn't because i have already DAQmx9.0 exist in my PC

Now when i open CVI project which  i have develop earlier.I can not get DAQ help for VXI like "SCAN_Setup", "DAQ_DB_Config","DAQ_Config","GPCTR_Control",GPCTR_Set_Application" etc.

How i can have this NI-DAQ help which is coming in earlier version on START>>Programs>>National Instruments DAQ>> NI-DAQ Help

--Vishnu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,031 Views)