VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should VXI-MXI-2 work with an old Colorado Data Systems 73A-021 Mainframe (card rack)

I am attempting to use an old CDS 73A-021 Mainframe with a VXI-MXI-2 card.  The host is Windows XP with a PCI-MXI-2.  Resman runs fine, but when I look at the configuration in MAX the frame and the VXI-MXI-2 does not show up.  (See attached image).  I have tried removing all other cards from the VXI Rack, but no effect.

On systems that do work I see a frame as the child of the MXI-2 bus 0 and the VXI-MXI-2 card as slot 0 child of the frame.  As shown in the attachment I thnk Max is only seeing the PC card and the cable.  If I run resman when the vxi cage is turned off, I see the same results.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,671 Views)

A couple of details to add:

1) Resman runs fine and MAX looks the same even if the VXI cage is turned off.

2) I tried a different, but still old VXI cage, it had the same result.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,657 Views)

Hi JeffERobertson,

To eliminate the chassis as the potential culprit I would check a working module in the questionable system.  You've said your CDS 73A-021 doesn't work in another system so the module itself could also just be broken.  Another thing to consider would be the slots that you are using.  It would also be worthwhile to try multiple slots.  Post back if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Dustin D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,642 Views)