From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I synchronize KineticSystems V200 boards in a PXI/VXI hybrid system?

My current setup is a VXI/PXI hybrid system.  I use a PC controller over a MXI-4 connection to connect to my PXI system, and use a MXI-2 connection to connect to my VXI system.  I have a PXI-6653 timing card in my PXI chassis and I am routing my 10 MHz clock to my clock out.

I have attempted to use the ClkOut to connect to my VXI-MXI-2 ClkIn front panel and I set the jumpers to broadcast that signal to the CLK10 on the VXI backplane.  However, I see no setup option to pull the CLK10 signal off of the backplane with the V200 cards.

So after that, I attempted to run my 10 MHz clock from my PXI-6653 straigt to the CLKIN of my V200 board.  I have attempted to use mode 7 for my clock selection, however it throws on OpCode error. I increased my sample rate to 200KS/s, and that got rid of my OpCode (however, I am still getting thrown an error when it attempts to calibrate).  I connected a scope to the ClkOut of my V200 board, and it's sending out ~350 KHz (I believe) signal.  This signal is sent out regardless of what I'm putting in the ClkIn or clock selection mode.  Does anyone here have experience with the V200 boards and timing that could help me out here?

Thanks,

Michael Hill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,997 Views)

Hi,

As this is a duplicate post, please continue here.

Thanks,

Todd V.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,988 Views)

It is a duplicate because I posted on the newsgroup before posting this without realizing this forum is just a mirror of it.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,985 Views)