VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see boards in a VXI chassis connected via VXI-MXI-2 cards using a GPIB-USB adapter

I'm working on a system that has two VXI enclosures, and the two are bridged via VXI-MXI-2 boards in each of them.  The first one has a GPIB-VXI board in slot 0, and I have a Winodows XP computer connected to that with a GPIB-USB-HS adapter.  The problem is that I cannot see any of the boards in the second chassis over GPIB in the Measurement & Automation Explorer.  As far as I can tell, everything is configured correctly; the VXI-MXI-2 board in the first chassis is in the last slot and has a logical address of 126, and the VXI-MXI-2 board in the second chassis is in slot 0 and has a logical address of 127.  To make things even more confusing, if I put a VXI PC in slot 0 of the first chassis, it seems to see everything without any problems.  Do you have any idea why this might be happening?  I'm pretty new to working with these systems, so I might be missing something obvious.  Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,219 Views)
Nevermind that -- I just discovered that you can't bridge two VXI chassis with VXI-MXI-2 boards if you're using a GPIB-VXI board as the controller.  So, I'll just have to find another way to accomplish what I need to do.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,213 Views)