I'm using a VME-MXI-2 with a PCI-MXI-2 board under Windows XP SP2.
In MAX (version 126.96.36.19910) I'm trying to create a new VME device (the ADC CAEN V550) but I cannot succeed.
This is what I did:
1) right-click on VXI System 0 (PCI-MXI-2) and select "Create new VME device..." 2) in the popup window it is possible to select
- System number (no options: only "VXI System 0" is possible) - Pseudo Logical Address (256-511: IS THIS THE ADDRESS TO BE SELECTED WITH ROTARY SWITCHES ON THE MODULE FOR BASE ADDRESS SELECTION? I tried many combinations with no success) - Frame (I can chose between "Frame 1" and "MXI-2 Bus 0": WHICH ONE?) - Slot (Is this an important value or is it just a memo?)
3) Click on "Next: -> Create a new VME profile ("Manufacturer" and "Model Name"; in "Model Name" I must also type the "Model Code": WHAT IS THIS?)
4) Click on "Next" I can add "Interrupter Level", "Handler Level" and "A16/24/32 Address Range": HOW TO SET THE FIRST 2? In Address range I set the range found on the user manual: 0x00000000 - 0xFFFF0000)
5) Click on "Next" and I see that MAX is not ready to create any device since the window with the list of devices is empty.