From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new devices with VME-MXI-2

Hello.

I'm using a VME-MXI-2 with a PCI-MXI-2 board under Windows XP SP2.

In MAX (version 2.2.0.3010) I'm trying to create a new VME device (the ADC CAEN V550) but I cannot succeed.

This is what I did:

1) right-click on VXI System 0 (PCI-MXI-2) and select "Create new VME device..."
2) in the popup window it is possible to select

- System number (no options: only "VXI System 0" is possible)
- Pseudo Logical Address (256-511: IS THIS THE ADDRESS TO BE SELECTED WITH ROTARY SWITCHES ON THE MODULE FOR BASE ADDRESS SELECTION? I tried many combinations with no success)
- Frame (I can chose between "Frame 1" and "MXI-2 Bus 0": WHICH ONE?)
- Slot (Is this an important value or is it just a memo?)

3) Click on "Next: -> Create a new VME profile ("Manufacturer" and "Model Name"; in "Model Name" I must also type the "Model Code": WHAT IS THIS?)

4) Click on "Next" I can add "Interrupter Level", "Handler Level" and "A16/24/32 Address Range": HOW TO SET THE FIRST 2? In Address range I set the range found on the user manual: 0x00000000 - 0xFFFF0000)

5) Click on "Next" and I see that MAX is not ready to create any device since the window with the list of devices is empty.

What is wrong with what I did?

Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,311 Views)
Hi,

I suggest you follow indications found on this ONLINE DOCUMENT that explains in detail how to correctly use MAX to configure VXI and VME Devices.

AlessioD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,302 Views)
Thanks for answering but the link you provided doesn't work, coul you write it out explicitly? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,297 Views)
Sorry,
here you go

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/97b8441ebf716dbd862569ee00562083?OpenDocument

AlessioD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,289 Views)
Actually, I found the link to be correct. Try this.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,284 Views)