From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a dashboard tile with a custom Jupyter Notebook

I am trying to work out how to display my custom Jupyter Notebook data in a newly created dashboard tile. 

Following the OEE Health.ipynb example worked, however I was unable to link another Jupyter Notebook as a data source.

Choosing another data source only allows me to select the example OEE Health Notebook (see screenshot below).

Dreimer_0-1621166544755.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,726 Views)

Thanks for the screenshot 😊

Two initial questions:

• What version of SystemLink Server are you running?
  • Does this happen on a newly created dashboard?

RyanF

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,689 Views)

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

I am using SystemLink 2021 R1.

The dashboard was newly created but I also tried using an older dashboard.

I noticed that I could only include the "OEE Health.ipynb" as a data source. However, there are other notebooks in the same path (C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Skyline\JupyterHub\notebooks\_shared\reports). Firstly, why are the other notebooks not visible, despite having the same path? Secondly, I would like to add my own notebooks as a data source, which are not preinstalled. Am I missing a mechanism to make the notebooks available as a data source? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,685 Views)

Do the other notebooks show up in the Reports page?

If so, can you check for the version of a notebooks that show up in one place vs the other?

In the Jupyter environment:

1. Upload the notebook

2. select the parameters cell

3. Select the gears in the top-right of the window 

4. look for the version at the bottom of the JSON object in the cell metadata

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,681 Views)