From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch resistance of the PXI 2532

I am maintaining some software that is doing a 2 wire resistance measurement of three transformers in parallel, looking for shorts.  The lower limit of the three should be 17.14 ohms.  I am testing this with a PXI chassis, and the PXI 4072 DMM.  It is going through the 2532 (2 switches), and about 5 feet of cable to make the measurement.  I have been asked to change the lower limit of this particular test, which is currently set at 20 ohms.  I am trying to find out the lower resistance limit we should see in this.  When I looked in the datasheet, it just shows <1ohm. Is there an average for it?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,077 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the NI Forums! We do not have an average resistance because that spec pertains to the life span of the switch module. Because a switch is an electro-mechanical system, the resistance is affected by the amount of current, amount of times switches have opened and closed, etc. Therefore, we define a good viable switch as one who's path resistance is less than 1ohm. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Margaret Barrett
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Digital Multimeters and LCR Meters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,054 Views)