cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring Question: PXI-2501 as 1-wire 48x1

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friends,

I need some wiring assistance.   I have a PXI-2501 setup for 1-wire 48x1 with a TB-2065 terminal block.   I have one analog signal coming into the block that I would like to switch between 5 separate LEDs.   The incoming analog signal has two wires ( positive & GND ), and my LED bank has 6 wires ( 5 separate positives & one shared GND ).   I have been examining the "NI Switches Help" documentation section "NI PXI-2501/2503 1-Wire 48×1 Multiplexer Topology," but have not quite figured it out.   Should I tie my two ground wires together and then connect the rest as follows?

analog input

+1 -> terminal 27

output LED Bank

+1 -> terminal 67

+2 -> terminal 66

+3 -> terminal 65

+4 -> terminal 64

+5 -> terminal 65

Also, should I be connecting the GND wires to the block somewhere instead of to themselves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Zach Barnett

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,887 Views)
Solution
Accepted by super-neuron

Hi Zach,

Try moving the Analog Input + connection to terminal 61.  You can a) tie your two ground wires together or b) can connect the ground wires to the TB-2605 terminal block. 

The picture below shows the resulting configuration if you were to connect the ground wires to the terminal block:

2501 LED Configuration

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 01-09-2009 09:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,876 Views)
It sounds like you are off to a good start.  The only thing I would recommend is to connect all your GND wired to pin 7 on the terminal block, which is the GND pin.  You can reference the pinouts for the terminal block in the Switches Help File by searching for 2501 and selecting your appropriate topology.  The Switches Help is usually found under Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-SWITCH»Documentation»NI Switches Help
Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,873 Views)
Chad's right, you also need to move the input to pin 61.
Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,871 Views)