From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Executive 2.0 and Deployment 3.0

I have Switch Executive 2.0 on my development computer producing the exported [switch].XML file.

Are there any problems or issues with importing this switch configuration file into

NI-Switch deployment version 3.0?

Background:A previous project using 2.0 into a 2.0 deployment worked fine.

Now my attempt to deploy into a deployment computer with a recently purchased NI-Switch deployment 3.0

does not configure the same switches properly.

The switch configuration Validation process does not work. It gives a cannot find IVI switches errors.

Scott Youngren

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,150 Views)

Hi Scott,

This error is common when the IVI configuration does not match on the development and deployment machine.  

1. On the deployment machine, verify the IviConfigurationStore.xml file has been copied to the correct location.

The IVI Configuration Store XML file includes the IVI Logical Names and Driver Sessions information that can be seen in MAX.  With IVI Compliance Package 2.1.2 (which is installed with NI Switch Executive 2.0):  

C:\Program Files\IVI\Data\IviConfigurationStore.xml

With IVI Compliance Package 3.2 (which is installed with NI Switch Executive 3.0): 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IVI Foundation\IVI\IviConfigurationStore.xml

2. If you are using NI switches, then additionally verify the DAQmx device names in MAX (under Devices and Interfaces) match on the development and deployment machine.  

Each IVI Driver Session configures a hardware asset, and the hardware asset is basically a pointer to the DAQmx Resource Descriptor (also known as a DAQmx device name).  If the listed Resource Descriptors shown on the hardware tab of the IVI Driver Sessions do not match the DAQmx device names under Devices and Interfaces, you will get an error.

Let me know if this does not resolve your issue!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message 2 of 2
(6,146 Views)