Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Open Relay in Route Group

Is there a way to specify opening a relay connection in MAX?

I want to create a route group that opens some relay connections and closes others without having to issue individual connect and disconnect commands in TestStand for each relay.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,444 Views)

Hi Jason,

You could use the Switch Soft Front Panel (right-click on the switch module in MAX and select Test Panels...), but since you've already configured a route group (and thus I assume you're using NI Switch Executive), you can use the NI Switch Executive Test Panel! 

In MAX, select the NI Switch Executive Virtual Device of interest (i.e. SwitchConfiguration1).  In the menu above the NI Switch Executive user interface, click "Test Panel..."  The test panel allows you to connect/disconnect the routes and route groups in the Virtual Device.  You can even launch the Switch Soft Front Panel!

Let me know if you have further questions.  Best regards!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,442 Views)
I know how to do it manually. Is there a way to do it programmatically through connection strings?

I can create a route in MAX to close a relay with something like [Com1->Ch1]. Then I can add this route to a route group to close the relay along with any other relays I add. Is there a way to specify to open a relay in a route? Something like [Com1->Open->Ch1]? Then I can open and close relays with a single route group call? I don't want to have to set each relay individually in my TestStand routine by calling on each route to connect or disconnect.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Jason
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,436 Views)

Hi Jason,

You can add the routes you want to open (a subset of the routes in the connected route group) in a route group.  Disconnect this route group and you'll obtain the functionality you are looking for.  Later, be sure to either a) connect this route group before disconnecting the original route group, or b) disconnect all.

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,416 Views)