Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I simulate using IVI Switch Drivers?

I'm trying to simulate a 2547 and 2530 with IVI Ni Switch. In MAX, I have the logical name set to 2547, I selected niSwitch for the'Driver Session' and selected nisSwitch for 'Simulate With'. When I initialize, I use Initialize without options and input the logical name 2547. However every time I get an unknown error '-1074118654'. Any Ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Josh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,891 Views)

Hi Josh,

In MAX, under Driver Sessions, select "niSwitch" for the Software Module and "Specific Driver" for 'Simulate With'.

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,890 Views)
I tried 'Specific Driver', but the same error occurs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,886 Views)

Hi Josh,

Let's check two more things.

1. Verify the IVI Logical Name.

2. Verify the Driver Setup string.

Verify Logical Name and Driver Setup

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switches Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 02-06-2009 09:42 AM
Message 4 of 6
(7,862 Views)
2 questions: 1) where do I find and install the IVI drivers specified for the 2547? 2) Is there a way of determining the Topology using "Intialize w/ Options"? Josh
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,848 Views)

Hi Josh,

1) When you install NI-Switch, an IVI compliance package is also installed.  The PXI-2547 has been supported since NI-Switch 3.4.

NI-Switch 3.4

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/278/lang/en

2) Yes.  Initialize w/ Options allows you to determine the topology in the options string.  Refer to the NI Switches Help or the attached niSwitch Initialize With Options.JPG for additional documentation.  To configure the PXI-2547, include the following in the options string:

DriverSetup=topology:2547/8x1 Mux

Let me know if you have further questions!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,818 Views)