Since 2013, National Instruments has been shipping real-time targets with NI Linux Real-Time, a Linux distribution specifically built to support real-time applications. NI Linux Real-Time targets support SSH connections that enable a remote application to execute commands at the OS level. Intermediate and advanced Linux users can leverage this important feature to execute various tasks such as installing or running third-party software on the target, altering the file system, debugging the OS or any running LabVIEW application, and retrieving system-level information.
ShellRT is a small add-on that allows quick access to a remote console window of a Linux Real-Time target from the LabVIEW project explorer. Developers can interact with a selected target without leaving the LabVIEW environment, thus improving the overall development experience using the Linux Real-Time hardware platform.
This utility provides quick access to a remote console to improve the development experience with our LinuxRT Real-Time targets.
Please post questions, comments, and feedback on this utility in the comments below.
- Added possibility to have multiple opened shells (create a new shell with Ctrl+N after authentication).
- Added path autocompletion when pressing Tab key while typing a relative or absolute path.
- Fixed an issue when the NI ShellRT made LabVIEW crash if the authentication was wrong.
- Fixed an issue with key focus on the command which preventing copying text from the console.
- Fixed an issue where not all possible LinuxRT targets were supported. Now supports all LinuxRT targets except Ethernet-RIO.
- Fixed an issue where the console UI was modal and prevented any further action in the LabVIEW IDE.
- Added auto-enable SSH feature from the LabVIEW project.
- Fixed an issue where the console UI help was not working from the contextual help.