From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Deployment Errors: Failed to load shared library settime.*:settimeUTC:C

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I inherited an old application originally written in an older version of LabVIEW, likely 2009. 

I've made some careful changes to the application in LabVIEW 2019.

We've upgraded the hardware from a 9074 cRIO to a 9035. I've reformatted the 9035 and installed every necessary driver I can think of. When I try to deploy though I get these 3 errors:

Target Support.lvlib:RT Set Date and Time.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.LabVIEW: (Hex 0x436) Failed to load shared library settime.*:settimeUTC:C    . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.LabVIEW: (Hex 0x436) Failed to load shared library settime.*:settimeLocal:C    . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.LabVIEW: (Hex 0x436) Failed to load shared library settime.*:setdate:C    . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

I'm not sure how to resolve this. Am I missing some sort of driver the cRIO needs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Be-lock-eh

You should replace that RT Set Time.vi with a function from the System Configuration library. The 9074 is an old VxWorks based target. They had all kinds of custom interfaces to do various things. The new 903x and 904x are doing all these things through a new system independent interface called the System Configuration library.

Target Support.lvlib is definitely target specific and it may be that someone added it to the sources of your project, but it is of course specific for the VxWorks system. There might be a compatibility version of Target Support.lvlib that works for your system too, but the best way is to go and use the System Configuration functions instead.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 2
(847 Views)