Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using LabView 6i, I have diffculties on accessing my input and output port, which module should I use, and I also have diffulties on addressing my output port, I use PCI-DIO-96, to access output port, it said using 32-bit address, what is the format ?

I'm using LabView 6i, I have diffculties on accessing my input and output port, which module should I use, and I also have diffulties on addressing my output port, I use PCI-DIO-96, to access output port, it said using 32-bit address, what is the format ?Next time you may get a better response if you post questions about the DIO-96 in the Measurement Devices>>Digital I/O category.

The PCI-DIO-96 is capable of immediate (non-buffered) read and write operations. To perform a simple port write, you can call DIO Port Config.vi followed by DIO Port Write. For a port read, call DIO Port Config followed by DIO Port Read. When you configure the port, you are just setting the direction of the port.

When you write a pattern, the pattern is used in its binary format. Each port has 8 lines wide, and line 0 of a port is the LSB. So if you input the decimal value 7 as the pattern, the binary equivalent is 0000111. Assuming we are not masking any lines, logic high will be written to lines 0, 1, and 2.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,649 Views)