Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What diagram objects can be selected, but not have attached labels?

I'm working on VI Analyzer 2019 features, and I'm trying to improve the #via_ignore bookmark feature that was added in LabVIEW 2018 (see here for more info on that). I've encountered a scenario where you can have a selectable block diagram object, but you can't attached a label to it:

1.png

The 'blerp' constant is selected, but I can't attach a label to it, I can only attach a label to the top-level cluster constant.

Can y'all think of any other scenarios on the block diagram where you can have a selected object, but that object is unable to have an attached label?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,608 Views)

Darren,

I think this applies to the array datatype as well. An Element in the array is selectable but you could not add a label to it.

image.png

But I am trying to understand an use case where this might cause an issue with the #via_ignore bookmark feature. I just read about this feature. I haven't used it. I couldn't immediately think of a scenario where an element in a cluster / array might fail a VI analyzer test. Could you share one?

Sudharsan
Soliton Technologies
Message 2 of 3
(2,596 Views)

@Sudharsan62 wrote:

I think this applies to the array datatype as well. An Element in the array is selectable but you could not add a label to it.

That's a good example. Let me know if you think of any more.

@Sudharsan62 wrote:

But I am trying to understand an use case where this might cause an issue with the #via_ignore bookmark feature. I just read about this feature. I haven't used it. I couldn't immediately think of a scenario where an element in a cluster / array might fail a VI analyzer test. Could you share one?

One example is the Spell Check test. You could have a cluster constant that contains a misspelling in the label of one of its nested constants.

But more generally, any custom VI Analyzer test you write can return any object as a failure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,590 Views)