From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What diagram objects can be selected, but not have attached labels?

I'm working on VI Analyzer 2019 features, and I'm trying to improve the #via_ignore bookmark feature that was added in LabVIEW 2018 (see here for more info on that). I've encountered a scenario where you can have a selectable block diagram object, but you can't attached a label to it:

1.png

The 'blerp' constant is selected, but I can't attach a label to it, I can only attach a label to the top-level cluster constant.

Can y'all think of any other scenarios on the block diagram where you can have a selected object, but that object is unable to have an attached label?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,636 Views)

Darren,

I think this applies to the array datatype as well. An Element in the array is selectable but you could not add a label to it.

image.png

But I am trying to understand an use case where this might cause an issue with the #via_ignore bookmark feature. I just read about this feature. I haven't used it. I couldn't immediately think of a scenario where an element in a cluster / array might fail a VI analyzer test. Could you share one?

Sudharsan
Soliton Technologies
Message 2 of 3
(2,624 Views)

@Sudharsan62 wrote:

I think this applies to the array datatype as well. An Element in the array is selectable but you could not add a label to it.

That's a good example. Let me know if you think of any more.

@Sudharsan62 wrote:

But I am trying to understand an use case where this might cause an issue with the #via_ignore bookmark feature. I just read about this feature. I haven't used it. I couldn't immediately think of a scenario where an element in a cluster / array might fail a VI analyzer test. Could you share one?

One example is the Spell Check test. You could have a cluster constant that contains a misspelling in the label of one of its nested constants.

But more generally, any custom VI Analyzer test you write can return any object as a failure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,618 Views)