Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2023 type Quick change plugin

Hi,

I've seen a video about the new quick change option in LV2023 and I think it could a cool feature for earlier versions as well. This is plugin is not the exact copy of the quick change feature. I've seen that for about 30 seconds, and I wanted to have something like that. (so dont expect the same. Example: converting a thing to something else it a two-stage process with this plugin. First to something to label and the label to something.)

This plugin only works on the block diagram!

Converting a something to a label:

1. select any of the followings: string constant, 1D str, 2D str, enum, ring, 1D numeric, 2D numeric, 1D bool, 2D bool
  2. Hit the QD shortcut (CTRL+N by default)
  3. your stuff will be converted to a label

Converting a label to something else:

1. Select a label
  2. Hit the QD shortcut (CTRL+N by default)
  3. A menu appears where you can select the target datatype

1984_0-1698243304857.png

BEWARE!

1. pre-alpha version. As far as I know myself it most likely will stay in this stage forever
  2. conversion errors: converting DBL to label and label to DBL is 10 digit precision! Be careful not to loose important precision!
  3. I have not tested with SGL and other rather exotic numeric types
  4. For a while I experienced crashes when converting label to something else. It seems adding a 100ms delay to the main VI solved this problem, but I dont understand why. So it might not solved that at all, and you'll see crashes. Try increasing this time to see if it helps.
  5. Other random errors might occur.

1984_1-1698243527506.png

Copy both the VIs starting with OB to: c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\<labview version>\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins\

Copy the playground VI to whereever you want to test out the plugin.

Hope it helps.

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(555 Views)

The plugin works when more than one constants or labels are selected.

Fixing new line constant issues.

Duplicated menu item fixed.
Still seen some crashes, delay increased to 250ms

The plugin deletes the orignal constant or label. Press SHIFT while running the plugin to prevent the deletion.

Some comments added to the playground VI.

Lots of bugfixes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(513 Views)

How to install:

- copy the zipped folder to \Documents\LabVIEW Data\Quick Drop Plugins\Quick change\

- (if you previously used this plugin from labview \resource\dialog\quickdrop\plugins then I suggest to delete if from there. The Labview data folder is the right place)

How to use:

See the original post

New features:

- the conversion happens in one step

- Boolean, Numeric and Path constants are supported

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(196 Views)