Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint

Solved!
Go to solution

I have for quite a while longed for a keyboard shortcut to activate/deactivate a breakpoint in LabVIEW.

Recently I have started to look into quick-drop scripting, but it seems that even with these tools it is not possible. Can somebody in here come up with an idea on how to achieve this? 

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,914 Views)

I'm not sure whether it is possible to do via scripting, but what could help, is this shortcut menu plugin from AristosQueue - https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Shortcut-Menu-Plug-Ins/Popout-Breakpoint-Menus-llb-move-bkpt-menus-....

When breakpoint menu is on top level, it is much handy to use it.
Even if there would be keyboard shortcut to set breakpoint, you'll need to do mouse click, to select node -> and then press shortcut (thus, 2 actions). With this plugin, you'll do right-click at node -> select menu without need to go to submenus (thus, also 2 actions).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,909 Views)

I recommend AutoHotKey + Keyboard shortcuts + mapping to extra mouse button = 1 action! 😄

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarLentz

You would use the Breakpoint Status property on a wire, node, or diagram to enable, disable, or clear a breakpoint.

1.png

Message 4 of 5
(3,896 Views)

Thanks for all answers.

This is what I came up with in the end - Since B for Break, P for Point, and S for Stop was all taken I set H for Halt as default key

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,882 Views)