From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Past NIWeek Sessions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Scalable Plug-In Architecture for Monitoring Distributed Real-Time Applications

Watch LabVIEW Champion and LabVIEW Architects Forum Founder Fabiola De la Cueva demonstrate a scalable, configurable plug-in-based architecture for monitoring multiple distributed targets even if the targets are different system types. Explore advanced techniques like LabVIEW object-oriented programming and subpanelling.

You can find a video of the presentation here: http://youtu.be/DD_3Ux9Mv1A

Fabiola De la Cueva, Delacor

Comments
clendon.gibson@canrig.com
on

When I try to open this pdf I get an error and the document is empty except for a background.

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Clendon,

I just tried clicking on the pdf and it opened in a different tab on my Chrome without problems. What browser are you using?

Also, I just added a link to the video of the presentation we recorded.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
on

Hi,

I have tried this on two machines. On one I used Internet Explorer 9. The other had Internet Explorer 8.

I also tried downloading the PDF and opening it directly with Acrobat and got the same thing.

I will try with Chrome.

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant
on

Clendon,

I tried with Internet explorer and it doesn't work, but it does work with Chrome. I will report to the NI Community group.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

on

I tried with Chrome and this did not work. I then updated to 10.1.4 of Adobe Reader. This worked.

on

I was able to use the techniques Fabiola presented at NI week to debug a difficult problem with a cRIO project I was working on. The project worked fine when run from source, but failed when built and deployed. I tried to make a debug build, but for some reason was not able to connect to the debug binary. (I did not even get an error message about why I could not connect.)

I remembered the monitoring presentation and wrote some simple code to monitor front panel values on VIs in the cRIO project. I also added some debug indicators in VIs of interest. After a new build, I immedietely had the clues that led me to the problem.

I was initializing two arrays to be the same size as the number of different values in a couple of ENUMs. To do this I was getting the Strings[] property and use the Array Size primitive. Unfortunatly, this does not work in code compiled for cRIOs. The property returns an empty array. (A bug that is to be fixed sometime in the future.)

Because the code worked in the IDE, and because I was not able to connect to a debug binary, I was very limited to what kind of debug I could do. The remote monitoring was fast and easy compared to other techniques I might have used.

FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant
on

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this helped you.

Hey!, at least one person benefited from this presentation, that makes all the effort of putting a NI Week presentation together worth it!

Contributors