PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the input capacitive load of PXI-2527

Hello,

For our new project we are planning to use PXI 2527 as the input MUX with its TB2627 to the High speed digitizer DAQ PXI -5122. Since the load we are monitoring is basically piezo. The capacitive effect of the system is very critical. We are able to get this parameter mentioned in the PXI-5122 spec sheet, however for PXI 2527 and TB2627 this parameters are not mentioned.

Kindly help us by providing this details.

Regards

Ralson Jemmy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,839 Views)

Hi all,

After going through some spec sheets I feel, what I am talking about is the  "Input Capcitance" of PXI-2527 and TB 2627'like for PXI 5122 it is 27pF

Can anyone put some light?

Thanks in advance..

Ralson Jemmy 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,833 Views)

Hello Ralson Jemmy,

With 2-wire, 32x1 topology, the input capacitance is between 180 and 201 pF for all channels.
For 2-wire, 16x1, the capacitance is between 95 and 114 pF for all channels.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,826 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,813 Views)

Hello Sean,

Thank you for the information.

In fact we have to collect around 128 channels of data from inkjet print head for analysis. The print head uses piezo, where the interface capacitance is very important. the expected interface input capacitance is around 15pF.

We observed that if we reduce the MUX ratio ie from 64:1 to 32:1 may be further to 16:1 reduces the input capacitance by half and one fourth , since the capacitance in parallel is less. And also observed that reed relay has very less cap compared to electromechanical type. 

Hence can you help us with similar input capacitance details for the parts like,

1.  PXI-2593/SCXI1193,

2.  PXI-2593 (use reed relay for switching).

3. Any other parts to meet this requirement.

Any information related to this issue will be of great help.

Thanks in advance 

Ralson Jemmy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,805 Views)

Hello,

I have also found out SCXI- 1166 is having a bandwidth of 70Mhz.

Can you please provide the capcitance details of the same?

Thank You,

Ralson Jemmy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,806 Views)

Hello Sean,

In my previous post the part # mentioned in question 2 is wrong, it is PXI-2532.

Sorry for the messy postings.

Regards

Ralson Jemmy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,794 Views)

Hello Ralson Jemmy,

Are you working with Rahul on this issue?  I am getting almost the exact questions from him...  If so, please do not post the same questions in multiple forums.

If you are not working with Rahul, please let me know and I will be happy to help you out.

Regards,
Sean C.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,778 Views)