From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilisation carte PXI 6221 ouverture session + communiquer avec elle

Solved!
Go to solution

Bonjour,

Je suis en train de travailler sur un projet qui nécessite l'utilisation d'une carte PXI. J'ai vu qu'il fallait utiliser pour cela NI VISA et que le protocole utilisé est celui de registre. 

Je recherche des exemples pour pouvoir comprendre le fonctionnement de ces blocs :

- registre de niveau bas

- registre de niveau haut 

J'ai suivi les différentes étapes que propose le lien suivant : 

Using NI-VISA to Communicate with a PXI/PCI Device - NI-VISA 15.0 Help - National Instruments

J'arrive à initialiser et fermer mais je n'arrive pas à communiquer. 

Est ce que vous pouvez m'aider à mieux comprendre les registres pour que je puisse faire fonctionner ce programme ?

Merci D'avance

Communication_VISA.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(894 Views)

Please use only DAQmx drivers for PXI 6221 and not the VISA drivers.

VISA driver for PXI device is advanced for users who create custom PXI instruments and not a general user who has an NI instrument.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(881 Views)

Thanks you Santo_13 for your answer,

But I have to do a Testbench during my internship and my manager wants that we open a session visa. We use different PXI card and we put there on PXI frame.

I have another question about the PXI 6221, except the NI Daq driver, are there other drivers to install to use this? 

Kind regards 

NoDer_

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(864 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NoDer_

As per the user manual, only DAQmx is supported.

santo_13_0-1643212577324.png

Typically, you use VISA for USB/LXI/GPIB/RS232 communications and almost never for NI instrumentation. All NI instruments come with their specific driver software.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(859 Views)

Hello Santo_13,

Thansk for your answer. It is easier now. 

kind regards 

NoDer_

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(843 Views)