PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save digitizer and DIO waveforms into one spreadsheet file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using attached mixedsignalscopeusingtclk.vi for data acquisition and would like to acquire 4-channel of data. My PXI-1042 system has PXI-5122 and PXI-6552, and I am using 2 channels of digitizer and 2 channels of digital I/O. I am using Labview 2010 SP1. The VI generated 1-D array of cluster for analog waveform and 1-D array of digital waveform. How do I save both waveforms to one spreadsheet file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bj93081

Hi,

You can use a Write to Measurement File express VI. Note that this is the easiest way however not the most efficient way to write to a file.

Since you have the fetch VIs inside for loops, your output is a 1D array of waveforms. You will need to obtain the waveform element and convert it into a type that the express VI can read. If you unbundle the waveform and grab only the data and connect it straight to the express VI, LabVIEW will automatically place a "Convert to Dynamic Data" block in line to make it compatible. Same applies when you connect the boolean array to the Signals input of the express VI. And if you connect more than one signal to this input, LabVIEW will automatically place a "Merge Signals" block.

If you reproduce the below code, you should be able to write the two channels to the same measurement file. If you have more than one channel of each type, you can grab multiple elements using the same Index Array block and take them through the same process shown below.

forum.PNG

Hope this helps.

Tarek B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,296 Views)

Thanks for the leads. I used Index Array and Build Array to wirte to spread sheet and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,287 Views)