PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe4472

Hi,

We have here several PXIe4472 modules and we were planning to use them for a test. We also have some iepe accelerometers. Going through the specifications of the module I've realised there's a high pass filter with a cutoff frequency of 3.4Hz when AC coupling is enabled. This is a huge problem for us since the first interesting phenomenon we want to capture is likely to happen below that. My question is then, can I enable DC coupling (to get rid of that filter) and still feed the IEPE accelerometers (typically they need a constant 4mA current)? I don't have all the equipment now with me and I cannot test it myself.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,232 Views)

You could use the DAQmxChannel property node to set the coupling. 

NI4472_Coupling_1.png

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. 

Maybe this link might help clarify your question regarding using IEPE excitation together with DC coupling. 

BR
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,221 Views)

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid my question is more at a hardware level, when I DC couple a particular channel within a PXIe4472 can I still connect a IEPE Accelerometer or will I have to find an external current source because the module is not suplying it anymore (for DC Couple enabled). Not sure if I explain myself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,215 Views)

Oh, the link was very useful, thanks indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,213 Views)